Search My Recipes

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Who Are The Hungry Yuppies?

My boyfriend Rich and I are huge foodies. We love going out to restaurants and watching cooking shows (Top Chef is our fave). Food has always been something we've shared, our "thing," since we started dating. We make a pretty good team-I am the mad scientist always whipping up crazy experiments, he is the willing test participant and always hungry. My love for cooking started when I was young, my mom always had a delicious dinner at the table every night and was a fabulous baker to boot. For quite a few years I have been cooking for myself, taking what I learned from my mom, cookbooks, The Food Network, and the Internet. Rich and I are living together now, and I have to face the same question every day at 6:00 pm, "What's for dinner?" Even after a long, hard day at the office I find nothing more satisfying that firing up the stove and cooking up some comfort. But it's not that easy to keep a stocked fridge, or whip up gourmet dishes every night especially with our busy work schedules. We occasionally succumb to ordering in when the cabinets are bare and the only thing left in the fridge are condiments. I am on a mission to ramp up my cooking skills, eat food that's fresher (maybe healthier, depending on my mood), and take some culinary risks. I will document both my successes and failures, using my own recipes or testing others I may come across. It's nice to know how to cook for yourself, and it's even better to be able to share your cooking for others (especially if it's yummy)! That is the goal of this blog, and I hope it inspires some of you out there too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.