Search My Recipes

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pesto "Spaghetti"

Pesto "Spaghetti"
1 Spaghetti squash, cut in half and seeds removed
3 TBS prepared pesto
3 TBS Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste

I've never cooked a spaghetti squash before, but I bought one from the market anyway just to give it a try. I had to do a little research, since I had no idea what to do with it. There are a couple methods to cooking spaghetti squash - you can roast, boil, or microwave if you're in a hurry. I'm going to try the boiling method for my first time around, but it probably takes the same amount of time to roast. While it may not be a replacement for pasta, it's sure a fun and healthy alternative. I happened to have left over pesto, but you can also use tomato sauce or just butter and cheese.

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, then add the squash, cooking until fork-tender (about 45 minutes). Remove and set aside in a large bowl until cool enough to handle. Using a fork, scrape the flesh until your "spaghetti" forms. Add in the pesto, cheese and season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.