Search My Recipes

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweet & Smoky Pizza

Sweet & Smoky Pizza
Pizza dough, store bought or homemade
1/2 Onion, sliced thin
Chicken sausage, coarsely chopped in a food processor
Crushed red pepper flakes
Smoked mozzarella
Pizza Sauce

I always make sure I have a stash of pizza dough in my freezer, as well as a jar of pizza or marinara sauce. You can take almost any leftover ingredients you have, add some cheese, and you have an instant pizza night. I caramelized the onions in some olive oil for sweetness, add the sausage and saute for just a minute (if using pre-cooked), then stir in a pinch or two of crushed red pepper. To finish it all-off, top with smoked mozzarella and bake until bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.