Search My Recipes

Monday, April 18, 2011

Indian Potatoes with Peas and Cauliflower

Indian Potatoes with Peas and Cauliflower
2 TBS vegetable oil
1 Small onion, diced
1 LB potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 TBS fresh ginger, grated
4 Cups cauliflower florets, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 TSP salt
1/2 TSP ground turmeric
1/4 TSP chili powder
1/4 TSP paprika
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup fresh peas

I'm no vegetarian, but I sure do love my veggies. I don't remember ever being adverse to spinach or broccoli when I was growing up like most kids were. I guess I was lucky to have my very own garden in my backyard with pesticide-free lettuce, fresh tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, peas, and much more.

Indian flavors are a great vehicle for going veg for dinner since bold flavors help make a meatless main more satisfying. This Epicurious recipe calls for turmeric and paprika, but I'm using my spices from Morocco for an extra punch of flavor (I still have no idea what the contents are, all I know is that it's delicious).

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions and potatoes; sauté until potatoes are lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Mix in cauliflower peas, garlic, ginger, salt, and spices; sauté 5 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water; cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with mango chutney and whole wheat naan bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.