Search My Recipes

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Herb-Crusted Chicken and Roasted Zucchini and Feta With Couscous

Baked Herb-Crusted Chicken
6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
3 TBS chopped fresh oregano
3 TBS chopped fresh sage
1 1/2 TBS chopped fresh rosemary
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Roasted Zucchini With Feta
2 Zucchinis, cut into spears
2 TBS fresh mint
2 TBS fresh oregano sprigs
Juice of half a lemon
Salt and pepper
1 TBS EVOO
Handful of feta

1 Box of prepared couscous

I'm always looking for new ways to prepare chicken, and I've been grilling a lot lately so I need to switch it up. This baked herb-crusted chicken recipe from Bon Appétit looked like a great and versatile option to add to my repertoire. I'm also taking inspiration from a roasted zucchini spears with feta and mint from a tapas restaurant I once had, which was delicious, for my side. I'll make some couscous to round out my dish.

Cut the zucchini into spears. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice, mint and oregano. Roast in 450 degree oven until tender.

Pound chicken breasts until they are very thin, then season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. In a bowl mix olive oil, bread crumbs, garlic and chopped herbs. I'm using oregano and sage instead of parsley and basil, but you can use any mix of herbs. I'm also leaving out the butter from the original recipe and just adding a little extra olive oil. Place chicken in baking dish and top with the herb-breadcrumb mixture. Bake for 20 minutes.

Prepare couscous according to package directions. toss feta over zucchini spears. Serve along side chicken and couscous.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.