Search My Recipes

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Eggs Benedict

Easy Hollandaise Sauce
3 Egg yolks
1 Tbs lemon juice
10 Tbs unsalted butter

I love breakfast and brunch foods. I could probably eat eggs 24/7. Week days are usually hectic, so the weekend is when I can go really crazy and make something special. Eggs benedict seems so fancy and difficult to make, but after tackling this dish I don't think we will ever have to go out for brunch ever again! I found a recipe for blender hollandaise sauce, which seemed to be the easiest. I melted the butter slowly, while I added the egg yolks and lemon juice into the blender (I used salted butter, so I left out the extra salt). I blended the yolks and lemon for 30 seconds until they become frothy and light yellow. Then you slowly add the melted butter on low speed until everything was combined, the heat from the blender and the melted butter cooks the yolks. Voila! I let the sauce sit in a warm spot while I poached the eggs and cooked up the remaining turkey bacon from pizza night. I toasted some whole wheat English muffins and topped them with the bacon, eggs and the hollandaise. We served up some fresh berries with whole milk on the side. It's going to be really hard not to indulge in this every weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.