Search My Recipes

Monday, June 28, 2010

Grilled Chicken BBQ Pizza

Grilled Chicken BBQ Pizza
Pizza dough
Bottled BBQ sauce
Grilled chicken strips
Red Onions
Serrano chilies (if you dare)
Smoked mozzarella
Green Onions

It's pizza night again, and tonight we're going to go a little crazy and make a BBQ chicken pizza. It's so good, you will never go to California Pizza Kitchen again! I had a ton of chicken in the freezer, so I decided to grill all of it with some lemon, salt, and pepper and use some for my pizza. For my toppings I'm using caramelized red onions, chilies, green onions, and smoked mozzarella. Any old BBQ sauce will do, but I prefer something less sweet like Annie's Organic Original BBQ Sauce. Some other great topping ideas would be jalapeno peppers, pineapples, diced tomatoes or avocado if you're really bold (my old roommate once put avocado on a pizza, and it wasn't half bad)! The smoked mozzarella is a must if you can find it, it smells like a wood fire and makes the pizza so unique.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.