Search My Recipes

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Greek Salad Pizza

Greek Salad Pizza
Pizza dough
Pizza sauce (or marinara)
Ricotta cheese
Feta
Red onion, sliced thinly
Hot pepper, sliced thinly
Kalamata olives, chopped

In tonight's adventure in pizza toppings, we're going Greek(ish). I have some hot peppers from my parent's garden that remind me of those little ones you get in Greek salads, and I always need a little spice on my pizza. And you can't forget the kalamata olives! I really like to experiment with different cheeses, venturing away from the usual mozzarella. I just have a little feta left over from last night's turkey burgers, so I'm going to pair with dollops of creamy ricotta. All of these flavors are pretty strong, so I'm going to use these toppings sparingly.

Rich was initially suspicious of these combinations, but he loved it! The ricotta really mellows out the tangy and spicy toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.