Search My Recipes

Friday, July 9, 2010

Linguine With Clam Sauce

Linguine With Clam Sauce
Linguine
1 can white clam sauce
Parmesan cheese
Crushed red pepper

OK, so this isn't a recipe per se, but this came out so good I just had to post! This is a great restaurant-quality pasta dish for when you need to whip up something quick, or if you're entertaining for a crowd. I have always been dubious of canned clam sauces, but the Bar Harbor White Clam Sauce is the best I've had so far. It's a really thick sauce and it's not grainy at all. Highly recommended by the Hungry Yuppies.

While boiling water, I prepare a salad with the left over greens and tomatoes from my frittata dinner. I cook pasta until almost al dente, then drain. Using the same pot I heat the sauce until bubbling. I toss in the pasta until coated, allowing the pasta to cook a bit more until it's perfect. Garlic bread is a must for any pasta night, and I have an excellent loaf of semolina I must use. I always put Rich in charge of garlic bread while I cook, because he's the best at it. I top the pasta with some Parmesan and crushed red pepper for spice. Serve with the salad, garlic bread, and a glass of white whine of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
The Hungry Yuppies, Annie and Rich, are a young couple from CT who are self-proclaimed foodies. Annie is the chef, and Rich is her willing taste tester. Juggling a full time job in the city wasn't going to get in the way of Annie's love for cooking. It's about eating well whether you have just 30 minutes on a Monday night, or all day on a rainy Sunday.